This quick and simple dish combines fiber-rich whole wheat pasta and nutritious asparagus. It makes a healthy meal for a busy weeknight that is perfect for the arrival of spring.
Serving Size 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
14%Total Fat 8.8g
4%Saturated Fat 0.9g
Trans Fat 0g
18%Total Carbohydrate 54.5g
35%Dietary Fiber 9.8g
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti or linguine, cooked according to package directions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the white portion of the onions and cook for one minute.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes, until it is slightly tender and bright green. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for one more minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and salt. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked pasta to the mixing bowl and toss to combine all ingredients.
- Divide into four portions and garnish with the remaining greens of the onions before serving.