This salad is full of spinach that provides vitamins A, C, and K. The dressing is made with heart-healthy olive oil and the juice of fresh mandarin oranges, which adds even more vitamin C. Serve it as a starter or as a side with grilled salmon or roasted tofu.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tbsp fresh mandarin orange juice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 3 fresh pearl white or red onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and segments chopped
- Add the garlic to a small dish and stir in the orange juice. Whisk in the olive oil. Add the salt, pepper, and ginger, and whisk for about 30 seconds, until all ingredients are combined.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl. Top the spinach with cucumber, onion slices, cashews, and mandarin orange segments. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat before serving.