Entertaining doesn't have to result in unhealthy eating. You can dress up simple, healthy foods to leave a positive impression on your guests. The orange and kiwi in this salad give you a double dose of vitamin C and a boost of fiber. It makes a nice addition to a weekend brunch or it can serve as a nutritious dessert.
Serving Size 1/6 recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
1%Total Fat 0.6g
1%Saturated Fat 0.2g
Trans Fat 0g
6%Total Carbohydrate 18.2g
9%Dietary Fiber 2.5g
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 6 tbsp low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Divide the sliced oranges into six equal portions. Do the same with the kiwi fruit.
- For each serving plate, alternate slices of orange and kiwi to create a stacked salad.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, honey, and mint. Spoon about one tablespoon of the sweetened yogurt over each salad before serving.