This salad is perfect for a light and healthy lunch. It’s topped with nutritious vegetables and nuts, along with a sprinkle of dried cranberries for sweetness. The fresh cranberry dressing has a splash of orange that brings all of the flavors together. Pair it with a cup of soup, or add some protein with roasted chickpeas or grilled chicken for a full meal.
Yield: 4 small salads
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 10 to 15 whole, fresh cranberries
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/8 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 5 cups mixed lettuces or greens
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup pecan halves
- ¼ chopped dried cranberries
- In the bowl of a small food processor, combine the fresh cranberries, orange juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt. Pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and form a dressing.
- Place the lettuce, spinach, green onions, mushrooms, carrot, pecans and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Divide into 4 portions and serve.