The ingredients in this healthy salad are rich in antioxidants, fiber, and heart-healthy fat. The kale and apples provide a balance of sweet, tart, and bitter flavors, while a simple yogurt dressing keeps it light and nutritious. This salad makes an ideal snack, or pair it with your favorite soup or sandwich for an easy lunch.
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced kale leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Place the kale, apple, celery, cranberries, and walnuts in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small dish, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, mint, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat all ingredients. Serve immediately at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours and serve cold.