Healthy eating is easier when it’s fun. These kabobs make a unique treat for both kids and adults. They contain vitamin-rich vegetables and are balanced in protein and fat. Serve them with hummus for dipping or fiber-rich whole grain crackers.
Serving Size 2 kebabs
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
14%Total Fat 8.8g
20%Saturated Fat 4.1g
Trans Fat 0g
1%Total Carbohydrate 3.9g
4%Dietary Fiber 1g
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 8, 1/2 oz. cubes of cheese, such as part-skim mozzarella
- 8 green olives
- 8 oz. grilled or roasted chicken or turkey, cut into 1 oz. pieces
- 8 large cauliflower or broccoli florets
- 8 pre-soaked wooden skewers
Options for serving: Greek yogurt dressing, hummus, whole grain crackers, whole grain pita bread wedges
- For each kebab skewer, slide on one tomato, a cube of cheese, an olive, a 1-ounce piece of poultry, a floret, and a second tomato.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.