This summer salad is full of vitamin-rich vegetables. It is dressed in a slightly spiced vinaigrette that goes well with the refreshing cucumber. A few nuts sprinkled on top supply healthy plant protein.
Serving Size 1/2 recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
13%Total Fat 8.3g
6%Saturated Fat 1.1g
Trans Fat 0g
4%Total Carbohydrate 12.6g
13%Dietary Fiber 3.7g
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 3 small cucumbers, such as Persian cucumbers
- 1/8 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ tsp dark sesame oil
- ¼ tsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp sriracha hot sauce
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut the cucumbers into thin ribbons. Place the cucumber ribbons in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the cucumbers to extract excess water and drain. Add the carrots to the bowl.
- Add the sesame oil, rice vinegar and sriracha. Stir the salad well. Sprinkle with cashews and serve.