Salmon is a lean source of protein that is rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. It is often reserved for special occasions, but salmon makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner. This recipe uses lemons and herbs to flavor the fish for a healthy, delicious meal.
Yield: 5 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
- 1 ¼ lb. salmon filet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Lay the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Zest the lemon, and add the zest to the oil. Stir well. Pour the herbs and oil over the salmon. Spread evenly to coat the fish.
- Thinly slice the lemon. Place lemon slices over the salmon. Use enough to cover most of the flesh.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges brown and the salmon flakes when pierced with a fork.