Traditional chicken salads are often loaded with mayonnaise, but this recipe uses Greek yogurt and brown mustard to reduce the fat and calories without sacrificing flavor. Wrap it with crunchy lettuce leaves to create a meal with fewer calories and carbohydrates than traditional chicken salad.
Serving Size 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
9%Total Fat 5.9g
6%Saturated Fat 1.1g
Trans Fat 0g
2%Total Carbohydrate 5.9g
4%Dietary Fiber 1.1g
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped unsweetened dried fruit (such as cherries, raisins, or apricots)
- 2 tbsp chopped raw walnuts
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, make the dressing by stirring together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and mustard. Stir in the chicken.
- Add the onions, dried fruit, walnuts, and black pepper and stir well until all ingredients are coated in the dressing.
- Divide the chicken salad into 4 servings. Place half of each portion on a lettuce leaf and serve.